Are you looking for a career with purpose and dedicated to improving people’s well-being around the world?
It’s an exciting time to be part of our collaborative inclusive team. Technology is transforming our business and our services. Come and join us on our journey to improve the well-being of millions through innovative products and technology solutions. Together we can make a difference!
About the Role
Global Digital & Business Services is a global unit with over 1900 employees, located in 44 countries worldwide, that enables sustainable profitable growth for Essity by providing best-in class services, scalable solutions, operational efficiencies and effectiveness through Global Business Services (GBS) and Essity IT.
Essity IT supports all Business & Global Units and is aligned to Essity’s strategic business priorities.
Engaged with our stakeholders we drive Essity's digital journey for sustainable value through innovative and cost-effective solutions. As an Ingestion Data Engineer, you will board a great journey where your contribution will help us to improve our IT services!
You will get the opportunity to work at our offices in Parque das Nações with panoramic views and great amenities close by. Working at Essity is not just a career; it is a chance to directly make the world a healthier, more hygienic, and safer place.
We're looking for people who embody our values, aren't afraid to challenge, innovate, experiment, and move at a fast pace. We're always looking for ways to improve our products and ourselves. If this is you, we'd love to talk.
What You Will Do
Who You Are
- Participate in requirements definition, analysis, and the design of data models.
- Participate in data discovery discussions with Business/Data Engineers/Application SMEs and map the business requirements to a data modelling solution
- Conduct data model reviews with project team members and capture technical metadata
- Ensure database designs efficiently support BI and end user requirements
- Develop, implement, and optimize stored procedures and functions using T-SQL
- Review and interpret ongoing business report requirements
- Research required data
- Build appropriate and useful reporting data deliverables
- Analyze existing SQL queries for performance improvements
- Drive continual improvement and enhancement of existing systems
- Collaborate with IT teams to create data process pipelines for data ingestion and transformation
- Perform other responsibilities as deemed necessary
What We Can Offer You
- Common Skillsets: 2+ years of experience in analytics ETL and associated data engineering jobs
- Experience with Azure Cloud Platform services, 3+ years of experience with public cloud platforms and cloud databases
- Experience in managing SQL codes and collaborating with customer on model evolution
- Ability to write complex SQL scripts-based programming language to automate functionality
- Good knowledge of SQL and other database systems.
- Should be able to work on a problem independently and prepare client ready deliverable with minimal or no supervision
- Ability to understand data models and identify ETL optimization opportunities
- Data analysis experience and understanding of DE Fundamentals
- Able to work in fast pace continuously evolving environment and ready to take up uphill challenges.
At Essity, we believe everyone's learning and professional development is unique and want to empower employees to reach their full potential in a winning culture motivated by a powerful purpose.
Collaborative and Inclusive Culture | Empowering & Engaged Leaders | Working with Powerful Purpose & Sustainable Impact | Learning and Growing in your Career | Supporting Well-being & Sustainable Working Life | Life-changing Innovations | Competitive Total rewards
Together, we are improving lives, every day.
Working at Essity is not just a career; it is a chance to directly make the world a healthier, more hygienic and safer place. With impactful innovations coupled with sustainable solutions, we strive to reach more people every year with the necessary and essential solutions for well-being. #1027925